Annyong haseyo! you say, and gently nod a greeting to your new, han-guk ch'in-gu, who comments on how well you speak Korean. You modestly reply chal mot'aeyo.
With this phrasebook, you can chat with your hosts in the minbak, let your hair down and sing along in a noraebang, or enjoy the stories of friendly farmers and mysterious monks as they guide you around. With a few words in the local language, you'll be savouring Korea's disarming hospitality at its best.
- all the words and phrases for a great stay in Korea
- a heaped serving of food terms ensures confident menu ordering
- buy knick-knacks at the market in the local language
- all there is to know about Korean etiquette and body language
- easy to use phonetic transliterations of the Hangul script throughout
- plenty of phrases to join in the friendly fun at soccer games